INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day

Today is being celebrated as International Women's Day. As I reflect on women who have made a difference, I must thank God for my mother, Mrs. Marva Wright. My Mom worked very hard, domestic worker, to ensure that we attain an education, that we had food on the table, clean clothes to wear and shoes on our feet. I thank God for my Mom because she made sure we attended church, she made sure we prayed, she made sure we knew about Jesus Christ. I personally saw my Mom praying, day in, day out. As a child growing up, my mother always spoke life into us. She always told us, she will do whatever she can to help us to become great women and she meant that and she did. My mother is a true diva.

Christian author and inspirational speaker, Michelle McKinney Hammond in her book, The Diva Principle, stated that "A true Diva is a woman who knows that life is not about her, but rather the contribution she makes to others around her and the legacy she will leave behind.” from The Diva Principle, 2004. My mother's light shines because the SON shines in her.


Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (KJV)


Women in the Bible that I admire are Ruth (molded by her mother-in-law, Naomi); Esther (molded by her cousin Mordecai, later became Queen and helped her people); Abigail,wife of Nabal, mentioned in the Bible as a woman of beautiful countenance, intelligence and beauty; Hannah, the praying Sister (she went to the Lord in prayer instead of attacking her adversary).

Heavenly Father, I just thank you for women who are making a difference in the lives of those around. I thank you for my mother and for women like her who support and encourage their children. Please continue to shower them with your love, mercy, grace and please keep showering them with wisdom to teach their daughters. I pray all this in Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog