What an awesome God we serve. I give God all the honor and glory for HE is worthy to be praised.
Friends, I am revived and rejuvenated after having a revival of my faith. Thanks to Rev. Martina Ockerman, Minister of Missions and Discipleship at First United Methodist Church (Downtown Campus) in Lexington, KY for inviting me to be a part of this uplifting fellowship. Rev. Ockerman brought a group of women together at First United Methodist Church to be a part of the Lifeway Women's event which featured Beth Moore's LIVING PROOF simulcast, "Revival Of Faith".
Beth Moore's message urged women of God to get revived in our faith. Beth Moore identified seven points to help women get revived in faith in Jesus Christ. She said that:
1) Personal desperation can jar us out of second-hand stories. She encouraged and jarred us to get our own stories because we must be able to recount God's faithfulness in our own lives. We must be able to recount and tell others of what God has done for us. 2 Kings 4:1-7
2) God didn't call us to "fine". He called us to "Faith". Beth Moore indicated to us that if we want to live in the supernatural provision of God, we must activate our faith in Christ. 2 Corinthians 9:8
3) Fear is the crippler of a walking, talking miracle. She indicated "viral fear" is the biggest crippler. We are called to "tell". Acts 18:9-10
4) Faith trusts that every call to forsake is a call to also take. For instance, we must forsake our fear and take courage. 2 Kings 2:2,4,6
5) Faith faces the fact that there is no formula. Faithless people are cynical, unforgiving and faithlessness is a form of rebellion. 2 Timothy 4
6) Faith rests its case on the resurrection of the dead. We must forsake being our own god and we must take Jesus Christ as our living Saviour. Jesus rose from the grave and is alive. Yes, HE is alive. Ephesians 1:18-20
7) The Lord speaks; many, many women spread the good news. Psalm 68:11
Through faith, we are able to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, what HE has done in our lives, how HE has redeemed and sanctified us. Psalm 68:11
Friends, I am revived in my faith and I will keep walking by faith and not by sight. I will keep trusting in the Lord because there is no formula for life. Shalom.