INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I Believe In Being Proactive Rather Than Reactive

I completed the Green Dot Active Bystander Training as I am determined to be active rather than reactive in the prevention of domestic violence/intimate partner violence. 
As an active Green Dot Bystander, I can intervene in a situation as it arises by Directing, Delegating, and Distracting. Direct means stepping into a situation and directly handling it myself. Delegate includes getting someone else involved, whether calling the police, social worker or other authority. Distract is when I do not feel comfortable stepping in directly, but I create some type of distraction or diversion to stop the violence from happening, break the tension or deescalate the situation, and/or providing time to get the person help or to safety.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog