INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

IT IS EASIER TO BE A CRITIC THAN AN ENCOURAGER

Greetings, my friends.

If I am to be honest with myself, some days I find it easier to just put someone aside who I believe is just a nuisance, than to reach deep within me and extend love and encouragement to that person. It is easier some days to just say "forget it" and walk away. I know, however, that is not what God is expecting of me. In fact, I know I disappoint my Lord when I take the easy way out. The power of the Holy Spirit brings conviction on me to extend love and encouragement. The mercy and grace that God showers over me each day are my reminders that I cannot give up on someone just because they pissed me off or did something to upset me for the one last time.

Hebrews 10:24-25 advises me "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." (NIV) Amen. Friends, I will not give up on someone just because they said or did something I did not like. There is a more urgent cause that I must concern myself with, that is, to spread the good news of Jesus Christ until Christ's return to this dying world.

My favorite apostle, Paul had encouraged Titus to be an example in every way of doing good deeds, we must do the same. Paul advised, "when you teach, do it with honesty and seriousness. Speak the truth so that you cannot be criticized." Titus 2:7-8. Our lives must reflect the love of God. Criticizing and giving up on people are not examples of good deeds. Good deeds are letting others know about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; how easy it is to receive eternal life with our Lord; helping and assisting others in need; saying a kind word to someone; encouraging and inspiring.


God's blessings,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog