INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pass On This Message - God's Man

My friends:

What a beautiful day it is that the Lord has made!! Remember, I had told you that last year I did not attend my church's Men's Day because I was only interested in my own selfish purpose and God prevented me from attending that service. Well, I want to thank God for working in me and through me. I can say that since that time I have matured spiritually. Thank you Lord for your forgiveness, mercy, grace and deliverance. I only remembered about Men's Day when I received an e-mail asking the women to wear white in support of the men. Thank you Lord. Just so you know, I am on this quest for obedience; learning to leave everything up to the Lord. I am not "looking"; I am not "seeking"; I don't care which man comes or goes at my church. You know why? My Lord has told me He will send me my mate in the right time, but I still have some personal things to work out in my life. Whenever God is ready to bless me with a mate, He will send me that person. I don't need to look for him, he will come find me. Thank you Lord. I feel so merry, so peaceful, because I am learning to depend on the Lord for everything. I jump for joy because I am trusting the Lord for everything and I thank Him in everything I say and do. Thank you Lord.

I have been blessed by the message that came from Rev. Dr. Kevin Smith, the guest preacher, on Men's Day. Even though Rev. Smith's message was primarily for the men; it was a message that also applied to women, especially to single mothers and single women. So, my friends, I want to ask all of you to please forward this particular message on to your sons, your husbands, your brothers, your nephews, your grandfathers, or to your male friends (even if they attend church). We need to get the word out to men on how to be a man of God, especially when they have children.

Rev. Smith's message came from Ephesians 6:4, which says, "Fathers, do not make your children angry, but raise them with the training and teaching of the Lord." How can a father not provoke his children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord? Well, according to Rev. Smith, there are two things about such a father, about such a man, that is, God's man: one, he is committed to God; and two, he is committed to leading his family as a loving teacher. These are two statements that as women we must take into consideration, especially as single parents. The man whom we have around our children, whom we may want to marry or whom we have married should be the head of our household; that man should be one who puts God first, who praises God in everything he does and says.

Rev. Smith preached that there is no faithful, godly man who is NOT committed to God. A man who is committed to God should teach his family how to fear the Lord. He stated anything else falls short of God's standards. A faithful man, preached Rev. Smith, is a "Word man" and an obedient man. "Word man" means one who reads his Bible, one who studies the Bible, one who knows how to conduct devotions in his home. Here we go again with the word obedient. My friends, you see, in everything we say and do, we must be obedient to God. Obedience should be in every aspect of our lives. A godly man teaches his kids obedience to the Lord by living his life in obedience. How does he lives in obedience? He reads the Word, he practices what the Word says, he lives his life in such a way that his children will want to be like him; he loves his family, he teaches his children right from wrong. Thank you Lord.

A God's man:
*No. 1 priority is to give God glory;
*is willing to do the tough work;
*realizes it is not about him, but about God;
*is not a coward if he is committed to God;
*is his family's protector and provider;
*is the head of the home; is his children's mentor and role model;
*steps up to accept his role as a man and fulfill his responsibilities God has intended for him to fulfill
*is a good leader if he is a good follower, that is, he follows the teachings of God and then leads his family in abiding with God's Words.

My friends, we must have men in our lives and in the lives of our children who love the Lord. Even though I am divorced, my son is very close to his dad, so I pray continually for my son's father that while my son is in his care, he is setting an example for him that is pleasing to God. Women, remember, I had asked you to start praying for our men. I reiterate that same request, please, let us pray for the men in our lives and in the lives of our children that they may step up to the plate and be a man of God, be the man that God wants them to be, that is, a man who is committed and obedient to the Lord. Please, I ask you, please pray over the lives of men, whether you are married, divorced, or single, let us pray for men.

Peace and love
Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog