INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Action Speaks Louder Than Words

Greetings friends, in the name of Jesus!
Pastor Anna Davis, Pastor of Christ Temple New Assembly Church, during the Home Going of Sis. Mary Etta Coleman, said that there are so many hypocrites in the church who profess to be Christians yet our actions and behaviors indicate differently. I have been pondering on her words because she was right.

My friends, one of the things we grapple with as believers is what and who to let go. We cannot follow the ways of the world yet follow Christ. In the First Epistle of John 2:15, we find where John is warning us, "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." (KJV) This warning right here just let us take heed that we need to let go of those who do not follow the ways of the Lord.

Living for Christ means praying, studying, reaching out to those who need our help and uniting with other believers. Striving to live the life that is pleasing to God requires us giving up the things of this world. The things of this world are adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like (Galatians 5:19, 21, KJV). Friends, I know that it is difficult for us to give up certain things but that is where we need to call on the Holy Spirit for help. My pastor, Rev. Felix G. Williams, III, Mt. Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, had once said, "sin is delicious." Yep, the things of this world are sweet, but these very sweet things will cause us our own destruction and send us to hell.

What better time than now to take a good look at ourselves, take a good look at our walk and make some serious and sincere adjustments in our lives as we strive to serve the Lord. Jesus Himself, in the Gospel of Matthew 7:21, warns us, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (KJV) Friends, as we look over our lives, is our behavior, is our action in alignment with the will of God? I am still a work in progress. I am striving to live that life that is pleasing unto to the Lord. However, the human that I am, the flesh that I grapple with each and every day, sometimes I fail, sometimes I fall, sometimes I do things outside the will of God. However, when I fail and when I fall, I call on the name of Jesus. I pray each day for the Holy Spirit to come into my heart, for the Holy Spirit to create in me a clean heart and renew my spirit. As disciples of Christ, our actions and words , the way we live our lives must be lined up in the accordance with the will of God. How do we get in the will of God? How do we get out lives to align with the will of God? We can through letting go by prayer, fasting and getting in obedience with the way of the Lord. It is not easy, but it is achievable. Let go and let God.

May God bless you,
Therese from Belize

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog