INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Creating, Renewing & Restoring Swagger

As I think about the goodness of God and ALL that HE has done for me … Hallelujah. I realize I may not have the social swagger, the physical swagger, yeah, you know that fancy walk that brings attention, but the swagger I do want to have is spiritual swagger. Swagger means to strut with confidence.

Yes, not arrogance but confidence. I know the God I serve is awesome and so I walk in confidence of the Lord. Walking in confidence of the Lord means that I depend and trust in HIM with everything I have.

Rev. Dr. Gregory L. Clarke, Pastor of New Hope Baptist Church of Birmingham, Alabama sadly stated that it is a dangerous thing to have pitiful worshippers and depressed disciples. Pity and depression are dangerous to a Christian’s walk with Christ. When you are in a pitiful place or feeling depressed, you lack confidence and it is dangerous because that's when the enemy attacks from all angles. But friends, let me ask... how can you be a witness with a depressed spirit? There is just no way you can fulfill the assignment God has placed in your hands. In fact, depression will let you give up your anointed assignment. Our God is awesome and we must feel and believe and live as we say our God is awesome!
My friends, so if you have the physical and social swagger but lack the swagger that matters the most, that is, the spiritual swagger, I know just how you can get back your swag!
Rev. Dr. Gregory L. Clarke said that as disciples we must have three attributes to maintain our spiritual swagger:
1) Right spirit within. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
2) The Holy Spirit within. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Psalm 51:11
3) Free spirit to uphold. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Psalm 51:12

Father God, please don't ever take YOUR love away from us. Prayerfully.


Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog