INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Sing Because I Am Happy!

What an awesome God we serve!

On our drive to Eastern Kentucky University today, Sheena made note that I kept replaying and singing out of tune to the BeBe and CeCe Winans' song, "Grace". I said, "Sheena, grace, oh, grace, what would I do without grace, where would I be without grace?" I know she did not truly comprehend what I was relaying to her, but my God knows that it is only HIS grace that has kept me! It was HIS grace that redeemed me. I just had to praise God on my way to EKU today because as I looked at my daughter, I remembered that time when I was not the mother that I was supposed to be. I was up in the club, running the streets of Belize City. I thank God for grace and mercy because as Bebe sings, "mercy helped me see I have been living a lie." Yep, God's mercy, that is, His favor! If God did not favor me, trust me, I would probably still be running in and out of those clubs, yes, even at this supposedly matured age.

My friends, I am not looking back, I am not turning back, but I have not forgotten where I used to be, how I used to be. It is only the grace of God that has me still standing; it is only the grace of God that has me clothed in good faculty; it is only the grace of God that I am alive today; it is only by the grace of God that I am the mother I am today. My friends, I am just keeping it real with you. I know how far God has brought me and that is the reason why I sing the way I do, even if it is off-keyed; why I praise the way I praise; why I pray the way I pray; why I testify the way I testify; why I jump the way I jump! Grace, oh grace!

My God has redeemed me; HE has cleaned me up from the inside to the outside and I am living in submission to His will. Just as David was a man after God's own heart, so am I, a woman after God's own heart! I sing because I am happy; I sing because I am free! And who the Son sets free, is free indeed! This sister is walking on the road to freedom!


John 8:36, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (NIV)





Be blessed,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog