INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Is God Really Listening?

Greetings, my dear friends, in the name of Jesus!

Has it ever happened to you where you just end up at a scripture that you had no idea how you reached there? Well, that happened to me today. I came across the Book of Habakkuk. Habakkuk was a prophet, but oh what a complainer he was. He complained and complained to God about one thing to the other, complained about whined about everyone and everything. How many of us have asked, just as Habakkuk had, "How long, LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen?" (Habakkuk 1:2, NIV). My friends, God does listen to us but I have found, from my own personal experiences, that sometimes God just wants me to let HIM be God all by Himself. Sometimes, God just wants me to sit still and let HIM be. Sometimes, God just wants me to praise Him instead of complaining to Him, sometimes He is waiting on my worship instead of my whining. Rev. Richard Gaines of Consolidated Baptist Church, reminded his flock that they must worship when their backs are against the wall. Rev. Gaines said worship is a lifestyle; it is something that you do morning, noon and night, and even in between. One's worship must be consistent and authentic (Rev. Gaines New Year's Service Sermon). God hears His children all the time, but we do not hear God most of the time.

Finally, in Chapter 3, Habakkuk took himself in prayer to the Lord. "LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2, NIV) Believers and non-believers, complainers and whiners, backsliders and fence sitters, one-day Christians and babes-in-Christ, when you are tired of being in Habakkuk's shoes, pray earnestly and without ceasing, praise with all thanksgiving in your heart, pray and praise and let God. God does listen to us, but we do not listen to Him. We are too busy caught up trying to solve problems and deal with situations on our own. Make that change today, and let God. Jesus tells us in the Gospel according to John, Chapter 15:5-8, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." Hallelujah!! Look at the promises that God has given us when we worship Him! Worship Him, praise Him, and pray to Him.

God bless,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog