INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Storms of Correction For Those Like Me


My friends, sometimes I am lost for words in explaining how the Spirit moves. After I wrote the blog, "How Did I End Up In This?" from Rev. Williams' Sunday sermon, the Spirit led me back to my notes. In particular, regarding storms of correction. Through prophetic intervention on behalf of his congregation, Rev. Felix G. Williams, III told us that that sometimes a storm comes into our lives to correct our actions. He said that sometimes our behavior needs to be modified and adjusted, and that is why we end up in a storm of correction. You know, when I ponder on this, I realize that sometimes as disciples we get so comfortable, we forget that we should be striving towards that Christ-like attitude and behavior. Sometimes, God just have to knock us down off our "high horses" in order to come under His submission.

Rev. Williams gave another important teaching. He said that one of the reasons we end up in storm of correction is because of the people we hang out with; people we hang on to; people we allow onto our "ships". I know it is really hard to let go of certain people in our lives, but until we realize it is because of them that we get in these storms of correction, we will continue to be whipped by God. Those such people may be our very own family members, our husbands, our wives, our children, friends, neighbors. I have gotten some good whippings from the Lord because of certain people I used to hang around, certain people I used to listened to daily with pessimistic attitudes about everybody and everything. I got in storm of correction because of the places I used to go (the clubs, people's houses that I had no business going to because of what took place there), because of words I used to speak (maliciousness, gossiping, cursing). But glory to God, when I got tired of being in storms of correction, I adjusted my behavior real quickly!

I have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. I take heed to the lessons of my past experiences; I no longer get fool so easily by the "pleasant conditions" because I have a spirit of discernment and I try my hardest to not give way to pessimistic attitudes. In fact, the Spirit that lives within us helps us to move away from such attitudes and behaviors. This only comes by being obedient to the will of God, staying in the Word, and praying regularly and continually.

I am proud to say that in my small circle, I do have folk who can unlock the storm door on my behalf. They know how to pray and they intercede on my behalf. When they do, God hears them. I thank God for those such people who are in my life. The unknown author(s) of the Book of Hebrews, in Chapter 12:1, reminds me that "since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." In verse 2, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." I thank God for carrying the cross for me. As a gratitude to God, I am fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. I pray you will do the same, that is, if you are tired of being in storms of correction.

God bless.
Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog