INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Show Me Your Friends And I'll Know Who You Are

Greetings my friends:

To God be the glory!

As I was preparing for this message, an old proverb came to mind, show me your friends and I'll know who you are. In other words, the company we keep say something about who we are as a person. Wise King Solomon warned us that trusting unfaithful people when you are in trouble is like eating with a broken tooth or walking with a crippled foot (Proverbs 25:19). Now, you would think commonsense would hold here that if you know that your friend is not one who walks with the Lord, then why rely on that person for advice? But you know what? I am pretty sure we are guilty of that at some time or the other in our lives. I am guilty. Yes, when I was running the streets even though I knew better, even though I grew up loving and worshipping God, I still allowed myself to be influenced by friends who were unfaithful to God. But no wonder I was being whipped left, right and center. Thanks be to God that He is a forgiving God because once I started to rid myself of people who were not good influence, my life became a lot more peaceful and loving.

My friends, what I have learned is that one, God is the best friend I'll ever need; two, I know that I can go to God in prayer and He will not judge me or talk about me or say how silly I am; three, God will open up a way for me where there seems to be no way out; and four, I need a prayer partner who has my well being at heart. Now, how many of us can say that we have friends who would give the shirt from off his/her back for you?? One, maybe two?? I suggest that we start relying on God for everything; rely on Him in good times to make good decisions and rely on God in time of our troubles. Paul in Philippians 4:6 advises us to pray about everything.

My friends, God can make a way for us when it seems impossible. We must learn how to lean on the Lord instead of leaning on friends who do not even care about us. You see, we must be careful to whom we complain or gossip. True friends will call us out when we are not doing what God wants us to do, true friends will encourage us to stay positive when we are going off on the negativity. True friends will call us and pray for us and with us. True friends will not be ashamed to testify to us about the goodness of God.

Show me your friends and I'll know who you are. Rid yourselves of those persons who are kryptonites in your lives. My friends, God want us to align ourselves with people who love Him and with people who work for Him. I pray that you will get enough courage to rid yourself of some friends who are not good influences on you or your family.

God bless and may He continue to have mercy on us.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog