INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Spirit of Discernment

I bring greetings, in God's name, my friends!

When I was a babe in Christ, I really didn't understand the true meaning of discernment because I was still wobbling in my walk with Christ. However, as I got more and more mature in my walk with Christ and when I truly started to get in the Word and really started to understanding the Word and really started living the way I am supposed to live for Christ, I have been able to understand discernment. My sister used to tell me about her being able to discern spirits within people. It used to scare me. I also have a friend who has the gift of discernment and it used to scare me because I used to wonder if he would be able to sense or see some evil spirit in me. Yes, I know this is not christian-like, but you see when you are not truly committed to the Lord and His teachings, those are the very type of things you concern yourself with. It is wrong. As true believers, we must all have the spirit of discernment. It is a gift from God. However, we don't know we have the gift or we do not use the gift because we are not committed to the Lord. Discernment comes from being obedient and knowing the Word of God. When we open our hearts and minds to God, the Spirit uses us to help others turn away from their sinful and selfish ways. When God gives us the gift of discernment, we are able to fight the flesh; we are able to fight off, rebuke and bind up whatever spirit, person, or thing that is not of God.

Paul tells us that the Spirit gives to another person the power to do miracles, to another the ability to prophesy; and the Spirit gives to another the ability to know the difference between good and evil spirits. The Spirit gives one person the ability to speak in different kinds of languages and to another the ability to interpret those languages. One Spirit, the same Spirit, does all these things and the Spirit decides what to give each person (1 Corinthians 12:10-11). Paul goes on to tell us in Galatians 5:16 that we must live by following the Spirit, then we will not do what our sinful selves want. In verse 25, Paul tells us that we get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit. When we renew our hearts and begin to faithfully follow God, we are gifted with the spirit of discernment. I know that whenever I am around someone who is negative or who has a spirit that is not of God, I just get a heavy heart, I get uneasy, I mean, it's like I want to run away from the person. I can just tell that something is not right with that person. However, I can't just run away, my job as a disciple is to share a kind word with that person, or ask that person if I can pray for him/her; or when I leave, I should pray for that person. My friends, when we have discernment and we come across people and situations where we know that what we see and feel is not of God, all we can do is pray, pray for the person and ask God to bind up the spirit that is not of Him.

As Christians we must be able to discern what is true and what is false. The only way to discern is to know what the good news of God says. That way, no one will be able to bring false teachings to you. That is the reason why, my friends, I keep telling you that the most important thing you need to do for yourself is to get in God's Word. You need to read, read, read, and understand, understand, understand what the Word is telling us, and then we must obey.

My friends, ask God for the gift, ask God to come, live and abide in you so you may be able to use the gift He has given you to discern what is right from wrong, what is evil and sinful and to help others to receive the gift of salvation.

I do hope you are staying prayed up. Please continue to pray for me, and I will pray for you. When you pray for me, please say my name, please call out my name, Therese from Belize. Thanks.

God bless,
Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog