INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Fix It Jesus

My friends, to God be the glory!

Rev. Dr. Felix G. Williams, III preached a sermon titled, Pick Me. He was preaching about the man who was sick for 38 years who was lying by the pool called Bethesda, which is near Sheep Gate, and Jesus saw the man and He knew the man had been sick for such a long time. Jesus asked the man, "Do you want to be well?" The man answered Jesus that he had no one to help him put him in the pool, and Jesus told him, "Rise, take up thy bed and walk." (John 5:1-8)

As Rev. Williams was preaching about this impotent man, I was praying for the Lord to pick me. I was praying for the Lord to show up and tell me to get up and walk. I heard Rev. said that we would have to wait because today is his day for God to pick him, but I just kept praying that the Lord pick me. I asked the Lord to pick me because I need fixing right there and then; I have so much in my life that need fixing; I know so many people that need fixing. So, I was asking the Lord to pick me and fix it; fix my mind; fix my family; fix my finances; fix my friends; fix my heart; just fix everything that needs fixing.

Rev. Williams preached that Jesus does not care how long it has been that we need fixing, as long as we ask God to pick us and to fix it for us, God will do so right there and then. When God picks us and He fixes us, our failures of the past stay in the past. Rev. Williams reminded the congregation that God could fix in one day what we have been dealing with for many, many years. Thank you Father.

My friends, I can tell you that when Jesus fixes us, we can feel the heavy burden just being unloaded from off our backs. We can stand up straighter, we feel lighter, and everything about us just gets and feels "lighter". I am not using any excuses to not get fixed. I know the Lord wants to fix me. Rev. Williams preached that an excuse is a choice to believe in past experiences instead of future possibilities. I know I serve a true and living God, and He tells me that I am redeemed by the blood of the lamb. To God be the glory.

My friends, the scripture in John 5 shows us that it does not matter how long we have been suffering, whether physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally; as long as we have faith to wait until the Lord picks us to fix us. Rev. Williams said waiting is refusing to make a permanent decision out of a temporary situation. We serve an awesome God and He is the fixer and healer of all things. What a mighty God we serve!

Peace and Love,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog