INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Fixing versus Supporting

Hi friends, on this marvelous Monday:

I came home and did some self examination. You see, today I have been carrying some extra weight around with me--humiliation and confusion. So, you know what I did, right?? No, no, I did not call and curse anyone out, I did not do anything that would be contrary to what God wants me to do. Yes, I told you I am maturing spiritually! I came home and I took a good hard look in my mirror and I stared at my reflection for a while. I had to search deep to find if I truly, genuinely try to hurt people I care about or if I try to fix situations I have no business doing, or if I support situations, no matter what. I went back to re-read one of the entries in my journal, and I came upon an entry, titled, Training Day. The entry reads, "you carry conflict because you carry God's blessings." Yes, praise be to God.

One of my favorite life coaches, Iyanla Vanzant, in her national bestseller, Acts of Faith, wrote that our task in relationships is not to fix one another; our job is to love what we see and support one another in doing better. I truly thought that's what I do best--love and support others in doing better, however, my reflection did show my tendencies to try and fix instead of support.

As you can see, I recognized that shortcoming, so today I ask for God's mercy and grace. I armed myself with the Word from 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, "God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us everytime we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us."

I get a peace of joy and understanding when I can see my flaws and faults, but it is even more rewarding when I go to the Lord in prayer and ask God for forgiveness, mercy and grace. As a human, I will stumble and try to fix someone or something, but the Bible says, if a man falls seven times, but get up, he will be forgiven. I know I will stumble, but it will not be intentional. However, each time I stumble, I will get up from off my backside, ask the person and ask God for forgiveness, and continue on my way.

As I close, remember, we must always put on the armour of God. We must know that as children of God, no weapons formed against us shall prosper. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. God is our refuge and our redeemer. Sorrow comes in the night, but joy comes in the morning. The Lord is my light and my salvation, in whom shall I fear? The joy of the Lord is my strength. Let the redeem of the Lord say so. I will bless the Lord at all times. Hallelujah, glory be to God. Thank you Father.

May God have mercy and grace on us.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog