INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tomorrow Is Not Promised

Hi everyone!
It is great and wonderful when you know God has your back. However, it is easy to take God's goodness for granted. I say this because I finally called my Dad today on my lunch hour. You know that my parents still live in Belize. I hadn't spoken to my Dad in a few weeks, and every day I say I would call and then I get busy or I tell myself I will wait until 9:00 p.m. my time because I will not be using my "minutes". I know he has been doing well because I ask my Mom and my siblings how he has been, and I know he sends me "shout outs" on his radio shows, especially on Saturday morning. However, that's wrong. Talking to my Dad always bring me happiness because he talks to me like I am still his little "Ter" and even if he doesn't let me know sometimes, I can just tell and feel that he is very proud of the woman I have become. As always, my dad and I had a great conversation today, and I was thrilled I took the time to call him. I love my Dad very, very, much.
Pastor Rick Warren in his best seller, The Purpose Driven Life, wrote "Busyness is a great enemy of relationships. We become preoccupied with making a living, doing our work, paying bills, and accomplishing goals as if these tasks are the point of life..." After speaking to my Dad, I reminded myself that tomorrow is not promised to me. I should have taken the time weeks ago to call him, just because. The excuses the devil tried to make me think is okay (no phone card, Dad is busy organizing his Father's Day Show, don't want to have overage because that means more money to pay for phone bill), etc. etc., are just that--excuses.
James 4:14 tells us that we do not know what will happen tomorrow. Your life is like a mist; you can see it for a short time, but then it goes away. I certainly do not want to be that daughter whose parents die and then have regrets because she didn't call often enough or let them know she loves them or is thinking of them. Have you seen the movie, Imitation of Life? Now, that's a classic. That's one of my favorite all time movies. You need to find this classic and watch it. All I will say about the movie is that the daughter had to run down the street behind her mother's coffin. That scene has always stucked with me because I always say I will not be like her. I was a little girl about 8 or 9 years old I believe when I first saw that movie. Please pick up the phone and call your parents and let them know how much you love them or that you are thinking about them.
Peace, and may the Lord continue to give you favor!!
Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog