INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Am Just A Humble Servant

The Holy Spirit nudged me to revisit Luke Chapter 1, and instead of just re-reading the verses that Rev. Williams had focused on in his message on Sunday, December 6, 2009, (v. 39-45), I continued to read the entire chapter. However, this is where the Holy Spirit wanted me to concentrate: Verse 46, Mary proclaims, "My soul praises the Lord; my heart rejoices in God my Savior, because He has shown His concern for His humble servant girl. From now on, all people will say that I am blessed because the Powerful One has done great things for me. His name is Holy." My friends, I am only a humble servant girl. I am blessed because God has done great things for me. I am blessed because I know God will continue to do great things for me and I thank the Lord in advance.

I recall a class by Rev. Maxine Thomas, which was titled, "Series of Fortunate Events". Rev. Thomas directed her class from Luke 1, focusing on the pregnancies of Elizabeth and Mary. Rev. Thomas encouraged women that when we get pregnant in the Spirit, no one can take away that pregnancy. Sometimes we may be afraid to speak about the movement within us, but we must not be afraid because a true woman of God will understand and provide encouragement and support along the way for us. Rev. Thomas encouraged women to look for other women to encourage and inspire because it is just simple that we need to encourage one another. Rev. Thomas said many times we fail to accept another sister's divinity. I had pondered that statement for some time and all I could come up with is jealousy and envy as the root causes for such failure. To confirm my answer of why women do not support other women, I had the pleasure of sitting in on Dr. Ellen Marmon's class, The Hour of Purpose. Dr. Marmon, Assistant Professor of Christian Discipleship at Asbury Theological Seminary, referred us to Genesis 16:1-10 of Sarai and Hagar. Here we see jealousy and envy in its purest form. Dr. Marmon, however, reiterated,urged and encouraged us as women to provide support, commitment, time and energy to other women.

My friends, we see in the Scripture that Mary, who was pregnant with Jesus turned to Elizabeth (who was pregnant with John the Baptist) for support. Elizabeth did not become jealous of Mary when she came to visit her, knowing that Mary was pregnant with the child who would save the world, but instead Elizabeth became filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke life to Mary letting her know that God has blessed her, that is Mary, more than any other woman. Elizabeth was not jealous, in fact, she was happy with her pregnancy (Luke 1:39-45). As women, we must not be jealous of another woman, instead, we must support that woman in her pregnancy; in her divinity. In fact, we can look at Ruth and Naomi, Ruth became pregnant with Boaz's baby and Naomi took over that baby like he was her own (Ruth 4:16); look at Lois and Eunice, Timothy's grandmother and mother (2 Timothy 1:3-7); Martha and Mary (Luke 10); Mary Magdalene, Joanna and Susanna worked together to help Jesus and His apostles (Luke 8). These are women who loved and supported each other because they all had two things in common; one, they were all humble women; and, two, they loved and served God with all their hearts.

My friends, don't you agree it is time for women to support other women? Do not forget that there was a woman who helped you along the way.

Be blessed, be forgiving, be prayerful.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog