INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

When I Think About My Story - God Favors Me!


My friends, as we near the ending of 2009, I pray that you will find love, peace, happiness and joy. I pray that you will not end this year in hopelessness, sadness, depression, anxiousness, or any of those feelings that make you feel like you are not a child of God. As I look back over my life in 2009, all I can say is that I have God's favor. That is all it is - favor of God. I say favor because I have not always been in obedience to God and His will. I have been through heartache and pain, sickness, I have cried countless nights, but despite all the setbacks that have taken place in my life, I am so grateful for God's favor.

I love Hezekiah Walker's song, "God Favored Me".
I play that song whenever the enemy attacks me. You see, Hezekiah reminds me in his song that even when people whisper, conspire, tell lies, attack my character, God still favors me. I am highly favored by God because He tells me that I am His own. My friends, I have learned to speak life into me, but it is not always easy. The harder I try to live for God, the harder the devil attacks, but that is when I turn to God and ask Him to fight the battle for me. Oh, I tell you, when I turn over my battles to the Lord, that is when the enemies do a double-take, wondering why they couldn't tear me down; why they couldn't make me cry; why they couldn't stop me from achieving my goals. Well, I have two words for the enemies, "God's favor", that's what it is.



Seek God's favor; all it takes is obedience and following the will of God. We see God's favor when we ask for forgiveness and we begin to walk in obedience to God. This is clearly shown in 2 Chronicles 33:12-13, "In his distress (Manasseh, king in Jerusalem for 55 years) he sought the favor of the Lord, his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers." We see in this scripture that Manasseh was disobedient to God, and the Lord brought the king of Assyria's army to attack Judah. Manasseh was captured, and was suffering. In verse 13, the scripture tells us that Manasseh prayed to the Lord; the Lord was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so the Lord brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and his kingdom. "Manasseh knew then that the Lord is God."

As Hezekiah sings, "and if God did it for me, He will do the same thing for you." We see God did it for Manasseh; you see my life and know that God did it for me. My friends, do not envy a sister or a brother, just ask the Lord for His favor. Rev. Williams had said, "favor is what God gives us even when we do not deserve it." Just ask the Lord.

I pray that God will give you peace, joy and happiness. I pray that the Lord will give you a forgiving heart, a loving heart, a joyful heart.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this... I was looking for somethings to put in an essay for my paper, and this is exactly what I needed. :) Praise God for guiding me to this place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. see this site Dolabuy Fendi over at this website try these out Recommended Reading Valentino Dolabuy

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog