INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Patience Is A Virtue

Hello all:

Today has been a great and wonderful day! In case someone is wondering why, the simple reason is that I am alive, thanks be to God.

Earlier tonight, I ponder for a while on the virtue of patience. I decided to find a good, simple definition, so I got my 7-year-old's MacMillan Dictionary for Children. In this children's dictionary, it defines patience as "the quality or fact of being able to put up with hardship, pain, trouble, or delay without getting angry or upset." You see, there is one person in my life that I have to deal with on the regular, and that person surely knows how to get under my skin or at least he knew how to previously. However, glory be to God, tonight I can give you a praise report that I handled the situation with matured development as a woman. Hahahaha, I know Satan is mad with me, but what, we know he is a liar. Get in agreement with this statement, my friends. Satan is a liar. I know he had to put his tail between his legs and keep on stepping. See, when you try to stay obedient to God and when you arm yourself with the Word, you are prepared for the situations that come your way. I was prepared tonight for that situation, so the conversation, via texting, did not go to the level that person had anticipated it would have gone; the conversation did not go in the direction that person may have wanted it to go, because the Holy Spirit was all up in that conversation, and led me right out of it without any malice, envy, vexation or anger. I stayed on track, I did not use curse words, I was kind, I showed that I was concerned, and I ended the conversation with “I’ll keep praying for you.” Thank you Lord. I am so proud of myself with the way I handled that situation tonight. Again, it was God interceding on my behalf.

1 Thessalonians 5:14 says, “Be patient with everyone.” Yeah, I know from experience that it is easy to say, but so hard to do. I will keep saying it and writing it until someone believes me that with practice, practice, practice, practice, and read, read, read, read the Bible, if even for 30 minutes a day, you will see how you start handling situations differently. Reading and putting into practice what I have read are my diet, and you know like any food diet, you try to stay the course because you want to lose all the weight you can. I have been shedding a lot of excess weight that I have been carrying on me for years. It feels so good, believe me.

Friends, please, let's start picking up our Bible and arm ourselves with God's Word so that our enemies and frienemies will not be able to have control over our lives. Let's continue to prove the devil a liar.

God bless,
Ta ta
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog