INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Being A Student Of The Word

My friends, greetings!

Today has been a fantastic day for me (wonder if it is because I did not mow the lawn)! On a serious note, I have been blessed today to be in attendance at my church where the Rev. Dr. T.H. Peoples, Jr. preached. Oh my goodness, not only did Rev. Peoples preached, he taught the Word today! I tell you, I was so thrilled, I was a student of the Word today. For that, I a so grateful! Thank you Lord.

My friends, just in case you are still wondering why the enthusiasm about being a student of the Word, you see, I have been getting in the Word and when you start studying the Word instead of just reading, you get a whole new revelation about God and His goodness. You start to learn about the apostles and disciples and the people who believed and had faith in God. I mean you truly start to connect with them. I do hope someone can feel me on this. I was in my element because Rev. Peoples talked about Paul the apostle, and you know I love me some Paul! I learned some things about Paul I did not know, I love him even more! He did not let his physical stature (apparently he was only 4 feet and some inches)stop him from spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and he certainly did not let his ailments stop him from carrying on with God's work (he was sick and Luke the doctor had to help him along the way). Now, see, Paul endured a lot, but he knew that his work for God had to be done.

The main thrust of the sermon was that there are people who have been in our lives along the way and still are today who have helped us to get where we are in our lives. Some of us tend to forget where we come from; some of us tend to forget our neighbor, our relative, even a stranger who has helped us along the way, whether in words or in deeds. We cannot walk this life alone. We need people in our lives. However, most importantly we need God and we need other believers in our lives.

Colossians 4, Paul advised us to continue praying, keeping alert, and always thanking God. I thank God for this renewed faith that I have in Him.

Stay prayed up, stay in the Word and not only read, but study. You will find yourself smiling more often, testifying more often and you'll find yourself just being a better steward. Let us be like Paul and have us some believers in our midst.

May God give you continued wisdom and knowledge as you study His Word.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog