INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Getting Rid of Your Kryptonite

My friends, I pray all is well with you and your family!

I had never heard of the word "kryptonite" until I was watching Bishop Jakes' He-Motions sermon. And then I was listening to Pastor Creflo Dollar the other morning and his sermon was based on kryptonites in our lives.

Kryptonite was made known in Superman, it is a fictional substance/mineral that had a detrimental effect on Superman, so we know that it is not something good. Another definition of kryptonite, as I learned from Bishop Jakes, is that it is a weakness; it is something that has a detrimental effect on us, but we love it nevertheless.
What is your kryptonite that is keeping you from doing what God wants you to do? I know what mine is. I am praying to God each day about it because I do not want my weakness to interfere in my work for God. My friends,we need to defeat the devil because he is the one that brings these kryptonites in our lives. We need to seek help in getting rid of our kryptonite, we cannot do it by ourselves. A kryptonite may be a man, a woman, a "toy", a habit, anything or anyone that is not good for us. It is not something good.

Bishop Jakes advised that until we defy our kryptonite, we will be vulnerable to destruction. How do we get rid of our kryptonite? We can do so by praying to God, asking God to take that thing away from our lives, or remove that person from our lives. We can also defy our kryptonite by getting help. Whether it is for drugs, alcohol, depression, loneliness, we can defy this kryptonite by seeking out people and getting the appropriate and relevant counseling. Paul, in Ephesians 6:11 urges us to put on the full armor of God so that we can fight against the devil's evil tricks. Yes, my friends , we must arm ourselves with the full armor of God, that is, the sword, the shield, the helmet, the sandals. We know that even Paul had his kryptonite, but he prayed to God. My friends, it is simple, all we need to do is pray, but pray believing and trusting God that He will pull us out of bondage from the kryptonite.

I pray that God have mercy on us and release us from our kryptonites. I must continue to P-U-S-H until I am released. Thank you Father.

Stay blessed,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog