INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Choose One - Asset or Liability?

My friends, I hope you are praying, pushing, singing, praising, pressing, progressing, elevating, and moving all for the glory of God!

I had just recently become a member of my church when I was convicted by a sermon Rev. Dr. Williams preached on this one particular Sunday. I will never forget that sermon. Rev. Williams told the congregation that he wants members in the church who are assets, he wants people who are willing to work and serve. He went on to preach that when you are a liability, you are no good to God; liabilities cost, assets bring gains. My friends, I got that message loud and clear. I told my pastor for sure I do not want to be a liability.

The dictionary defines assets as everything of value that is owned by a person or a company. On the other hand, a liability is anything that is a hindrance or puts an individual at a disadvantage. A liability is anything that is owed to someone else. Now, which one do you want to be? See, the way you live, the way your finances are lined up, the way you and your family fear the Lord determines whether you are an asset or a liability. The good news, my friends, is that if you are truthful enough to admit that you are a liability, that can be corrected. Jesus is a loving and forgiving God, just remember that. You see, the same way your bad credit can be repaired, so can your selfish self be repaired too.

Paul wrote in Philippians 1:6, "God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure He will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again." My friends, Paul encourages us to keep on working to complete our salvation with fear and trembling, because God is working in us to help us do and be able to do what pleases Him (Philippians 1:12-13). I accepted my pastor's challenge to become an asset not only to the church, but to God's nation. When we work to uplift God's kingdom, God blesses us, we get a joy and peace that is unexplainable.

My friends, I am challenging you today to put down the ways of this world and get with Christ as a true disciple. We cannot be of this world, do what the world does and also want to serve. It doesn't work that way. And, you know, God says, we must have only one God and it must be Him. My friends, I am advising you to let go of your ways that are of this world. As Rev. Dr. Cecilia Williams-Bryant had said, we must break the shackles of materialism and unleash the Word of God. My friends, I pray that we will all start working for God's kingdom and that God gives us the strength so we may let go of the ways of this world and begin to walk in His path, spreading the Good News along the way!

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog