INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Let Your Light Shine

Greetings, my friends!

God is wonderful and I just thank Him for wisdom He has bestowed upon me. My Bible reading for today took me to Luke 11:33-36. Luke wrote that no one lights a lamp and puts it in a secret place or under a bowl, but on a lamp stand so the people who come in can see. Your eye, according to Luke, is a light for the body. Luke wrote that when your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But when your eyes are evil, your whole body will be full of darkness. Luke warns, be careful not to let the light in you become darkness. If your whole body is full of light, and none of it is dark, then you will shine bright, as when a lamp shines on you."

My friends, as disciples we should all have our lights shining. In order for our lights to keep shining we must be connected to God, connected to God in every way, especially in obedience. When we are not obedient, our lights go dark--our entire body, mind and soul. Let me ask you, have you ever seen someone who is just dark? I am not talking about the skin color, but I am referring to the attitude, the spirit, the whole body of that person. It is sad when we come across people who are dark, but the truth of the matter is that one becomes dark when we do not follow God's way. We become dark when we do things that are not of God, not of God's teaching.

I was reviewing some notes dated 4/7/09, and I am not sure when or where I wrote those notes, but as I was reviewing them, I noted that a question was asked--do I really have a light? My friends, I do have a light because my mind and my body are in perfect peace with God. I am allowing God to use me, I am trying to be obedient, I am testifying about God's goodness. Please ask yourself the same question--do you have a light? Answer truthfully. If you do, praise God, keep on obeying God, keep on working to uplift and build God's kingdom. If you don't have a light, get on your knees and ask God to open your heart and your mind. Start believing and start obeying God's word. My notes further reflect that we must have a good connection with God to let our light shine. It says, God wants us to move to another level and when you are connected, God's favor is in your life. When we have God's favor in our lives, our lights shine brightly. Thank you Lord.

Let us get connected with God. I keep telling you, as disciples we are to be living in abundance and excess, especially in our spiritual lives. When we have our lights shining, people will listen to us, we may be able to get someone to come out of darkness. It is a great feeling when we live in the light and we know that God is pleased with us when we help a fellow believer get back on life's track.

My friends, I do hope you are living in the light. When we live in the light, we are able to see clearly, think clearly, walk with our heads up high, not in arrogance, but in humility. God loves you and so do I.

A prayer changes everything.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog