INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Care to Change Your Attitude?

My friends, greetings in the name of Jesus!

I cannot help but to wonder why many of us who claim to be disciples of Christ walk around with an "attitude". I am talking about pastors, lay ministers, deacons and members of the congregation. The "attitude" that I am referring to is defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as "a negative or hostile state of mind; a cool, cocky, defiant, or arrogant manner."

Paul, in Ephesians 4:2 tells us to always be humble, gentle, and patient, accepting each other in love. My friends, we must love each other, we may not like the way someone is living or we may not agree with someone's beliefs, but we must still love our brother and sister. We do not have the authority to judge, judgment belongs to God. Jesus loves everyone, and so must we. John 13:34-35, "I give you a new command: Love each other. You must love each other as I have loved you. All people will know you are my followers if you love each other." Paul encourages us in 1 Corinthians 11:1, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."

My friends, as followers of Jesus we must have attitudes that display the God in us. Our attitudes must be of love and kindness so that someone who does not know God, but looks at the way we live our lives and the way we treat others, will want to get to know our Lord and Savior.

Bishop G. E. Patterson had said, "if you really want to be blessed, be in the attitutde that will get you to the altitude."

May God bless you and I pray that if you have an attitude that does not display the love of God in your heart, that you will ask God to create in you a clean heart and to renew your Spirit.

God bless,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog