INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Got A Makeover! Holla!

My friends, greetings to you all!

I was reading an edition of Today's Woman and an interesting feature caught my eyes. The writer of that particular feature was inviting women to submit their names for a makeover. Since my birthday is around the corner, and my daughter reminds me every now and then that I'll be over the hill pretty soon, and my son tells me I need to start walking again because I am getting out of shape, I decided to write in as a candidate for a makeover. I decided a makeover is exactly what I need. But I tell you, God always reminds us that we are made in His image and we should not worry about how people see us on the outside, what is important, God reminded me, is that He doesn't look at what man looks at (the outside of a person), He looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7). Thank you Lord.

My friends, a makeover would be nice, but you know what? I was given a complete makeover by God when I confessed my sins and asked God to come into my life. I was given a complete makeover when I confessed that Jesus Christ died on the cross so I could be free and I believe that He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I was given that makeover by God when I got baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, all my regrets, shame and embarrassment were washed away. I have a clean heart because I asked God to give me a clean heart and to renew my Spirit in Him.

I was listening to one of Rev. Jamaal Bryant's sermons and he reiterated that once the anointing of God covers my life, it does not matter who likes me or who does not like me; it doesn't matter if someone doesn't like the way I look on the outside. What's important is that God has given me my makeover. I received my makeover when God re-wrote my life, re-wrote my reputation, re-wrote my character, re-wrote all the things I used to do that would hurt Him. Thank you Father. Friends, God has reminded me that I do not need no makeover. I am beautiful on the outside, but most importantly I am beautiful on the inside. I am made in God's image and He loves me just the way I am. If you are tempted to get a makeover to look good on the outside, or to change your appearance, I challenge you today, to first get that makeover on the inside. You see, it does not matter how pretty you are or how pretty you look on the outside, God cares about your inside, about your heart. The only makeover you need, my friends, is to get in accord with God and have a clean heart.

Stay true to yourself and to God. Much love.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog