INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

We Cannot Serve Two Masters At The Same Time

My friends, greetings!

I thank God that His words are written in my heart and that I am serious about my walk with Him. I say this because September is a month of celebration for my country, Belize. I have been receiving several invites to Belizean parties here in the U.S. and I tell you the truth, I have thought about attending one or two of those parties in Louisville. However, as a maturing disciple, the words of God that is written on my heart reminds me that I cannot live for God and still want to do what the world is doing. Paul reminds me that I am a child of God and that I am not ruled by my sinful self, but am ruled by the Spirit. I politely declined those invites and I also was able to let my friends know that I am now living for God and I cannot have one foot inside the church and the other at the clubs, that just cannot work for God. I thank God for his grace.

Romans 8:14 tells me that the true children of God are those who let God's Spirit lead them. The Spirit we received does not make us slaves again to fear; it makes us children of God. I thank God for the Spirit because I was not afraid to let my friends know the only dancing I do is when I dance for the Lord. I was not afraid to let my friends know that I am now living for God, that former life has no place in my present life. As I am writing this blog, the Jars of Clay song, Two Hands, comes to my mind. The part that is lingering in my mind goes: "I use one hand to pull closer, the other to push you away; if I had two hands, doing the same thing; lifted high, lifted high." Yes, that's a shame that many disciples do use one hand to pull onto Jesus, but the other to push Him away. My friends, I pray that you are being led by the Spirit of God so that when temptation comes your way, you'll have the strength to say no; you'll have the courage to speak up for the Lord. Many of us do not have the strength to resist the temptation of this world because we are still babes in Christ. However, we must be like a growing child, we must study, study, study and do God's will. We must pray morning, noon and night. We must stay prayed up, we must stay in God's Word and put into practice what the Word tells us.

If there is someone that has one foot in the door and the other out, I pray that God will give you the courage to put both feet in the door. God wants us to be obedient. Remember, when we are obedient, great and awesome things happen. Why would you want to continue follow the world, when there is nothing out there but destruction, drugs, prostitution, sexually transmitted diseases, depression, anxiety, drunkenness, jealousy, envy, hatred? Be wise, my friends, and put both hands and both feet in God's house and see how happy you will be.

Be blessed,
Ta ta
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog