INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shake The Devil Off

My friends, greetings!

There is a Dorothy Norwood song the children's choir at my church sings, Shake The Devil Off. Chorus 1 goes, "Shake, shake, shake,
shake the devil off,
in the name of Jesus,
shake the devil off."

Shake the devil off, that's what we have to do constantly and consistently. I shake him off before he leaches on to me; I shake him off when he tries to interrupt my time with God; I shake him off when he is trying to say something to me, I know that's not from God; I shake him off when I start to get symptoms of certain ailments; I shake him off when he is trying to steal my joy. Oh yes, I shake him off at every turn because he knows how to sugarcoat and put things in a certain way that will look like it is right, or say things that will sound sweet, but is not of God; and he knows how to get us in self-pity and depression.

My friends, the devil is a liar, and every time he comes to us, we must hit him with Bible verses and praises unto God. That's why it is important that we become students of the Word; it is important that we fellowship with other believers; it is important that we speak life over ourselves. We see that the devil even tried to test Jesus so many times, but Jesus was able to hit him with God's words (Matthew 4) and we all know that when we hit him with God's words, he laps his tail between his legs and go on about his business.

To shake the devil off, we must be committed to Christ; we must turn to God for help. Psalm 121:1-2, "I look up to the hills, but where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth." My friends, shake the devil off, shake him off at every opportunity, do not leave a door open for him to come in.

Be blessed,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog