INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stop Going Through the Motions

My friends, I hope this message finds you in the best. As I try to work for the Lord, I just thank God for His deliverance and love and grace and mercy. I was a woman who was just going through the motions of life because I allowed the devil to have me wrapped around his fingers. I was just living day-to-day, just going through the motions. I got up, said a quick "thank you, Lord" prayer to God, just because; I did not care whether I said a kind word to a stranger; I would just go to work, come home, and do the same thing again the next day. I don't know if anyone can relate to what I am saying. My life had no real purpose. Even though I had dreams about my professional life, when it came to God and living life to the fullest, the purpose was just not there. You see, I made my circumstances affect my living for the Lord. I made the devil control my every being and so I was just going through the motions. Thanks be to God that He does not give up on His children and for that I am eternally grateful.

Paul's letter in 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 keeps me encouraged. Paul wrote, "we have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up the hope of living." That's it, the hope of living. We must have hope to live, to live for God. Christian artist, Matthew West, in his song, "The Motions" declared that he no longer just wants to go through the motions of life. Matthew nearly lost his singing voice and he realized how good God has been to him. He declared that no longer will he go through the motions of life because that's just not enough. I agree. Like Matthew, I certainly do not want to live my whole life asking, "what if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?"

My friends, just going through the motions is not an option for us. We must be encouragers and believers; we must live our lives to the fullest that God wants us to live. We must have hope and offer hope to others knowing that God is our Father, our provider, our redeemer, and our comforter. I encourage you to begin living life with a purpose, stop going through the motions. Let the devil know he is a liar and has no control over your life. Declare it in the name of Jesus. As Matthew sings, "Cause just okay is not enough, help me fight through the nothingness of this life." That's right, my friends, we must ask God to deliver us from the bondage of nothingness. God will deliver us. I am a living witness, God has delivered me from the nothingness of life. Thank you Father. All you have to do, as Matthew and I did, is call on the name of Jesus and ask Him to deliver you from the nothingness of life.

I pray that you will stay prayed up, stay encouraged, and encourage someone today. Live life with hope and purpose. Please stop going through the motions. God loves you and so do I.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog