INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Train Up A Child To Live Right

My friends:

I thank God for always guiding and protecting me and my household. I thank God for my parents and my upbringing. As the scripture says in Proverbs 22:6, "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." When we were growing up, we didn't have money, we did not live in any big house, in fact, we grew up in a two-bedroom house, seven kids, mom and dad, wore second-hand and hand-me-down clothes for the most part, but I tell you right now, our household had love; love for God and love for family. That's what made us rich. We were a very happy family, and still to this day, we are a very close-knit family.

My parents instilled in us to love and serve God. Even though we didn't had the best of anything, my mother, especially, made sure that we prayed; she made sure that we attended church; we observed our parents reading their Bibles everyday; we saw them praying; we heard them testifying about the goodness of God how He opened doors for them. God answered my parents' prayers every time because not one day we went hungry, not one day we were homeless, we had joy and laughter in our home. My parents sent us to vacation Bible study, sent us to revivals, I mean we were poor financially, but spiritually, we were rich. I believe because of our spiritual richness, we were more blessed than the families who were financially well-off. For that, I thank God.

Even though I did my "thing" when I became a young adult, I had the good sense to turn right back to what I know, that is, God, because that's what my parents had instilled in me. No matter what, God loves me and He forgives my sins. I urge you to start instilling the love of Jesus Christ in your children. Begin now, do not wait until tomorrow, for it may be too late then. Don't let your circumstances stop you and your family from knowing God. My parents always told us, we will be successful, we will be loving people who will help others. They did not let their circumstances (no education, manual laborers, underprivileged) deter them from becoming loving parents and parents who love the Lord with all their hearts and souls. My upbringing has helped me to be that mother that God wants me to be and now I am training my children how to live right so that when they are old, they will not change.

I pray that you will be an example to your children by living a life that is pleasing to God. When you are obedient to God, your children will see the love of God shining in and through you and they will want to follow your steps. Be a good parent and train up your children how to live right, and when they are old, they will not depart from it. I am a living witness to that. I just thank God for my parents. I can tell you right now that over loving your children will not help them when they are older; putting your children before God will not help you or them to become the people God wants you to be. Train up your child to love and fear God, teach your children the ways of the Lord so that they when they become old, they will not depart from it. Put God first in your life and let Him be first in your children's lives. Without God, we are nothing.

And remember, God brings us into this world and He can take us out of this world. So, be careful how we live our lives and how we cherish our children first instead of God. Just a food for thought.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog