INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Are You A Fool?

Greetings:

My friends, I needed some guidance today; I needed some continued encouragement today, so what better book to turn to than the book of Proverbs! Proverbs provides wisdom and insight. Proverbs provides me with down-to-earth truth when I need it. Minister Lucado puts it so aptly, that time spent with Proverbs makes a heart wise. Proverbs is a book that when you read it, it turns on the lamps in the dark corners of life. The book of Proverbs turns on the lamp of patience when we are having trouble with an enemy; it flips on the switch of prudence when we are having trouble with greed; it sits under the light of trust when we are anxious about tomorrow (Max Lucado, Introduction, The Devotional Bible). These statements are just so beautiful.

The Lord directed me to Proverbs Chapter 26, verse 11, where it reads, A fool who repeats his foolishness is like a dog that goes back to what it has thrown up. Now, you know I wondered why God sent me to this very verse, but silly me, it is for me to get wisdom. God wants to continue to direct my path; God wants to make sure that I do not fall back in the same foolish ways. I can tell you that I do not want to be a fool who repeats her foolishness. To be called a fool hurts, doesn't it? But truth of the matter is that we are fools when we repeat the same foolishness. That is why it is very important for us to let God direct our path. I am not going back to that mess that made me dark (bad behavior, bad attitude, bad choices). I do not want to be like a dog that goes back to what it has thrown up. Yuckity, yuck, yuck. No way, Jose. Solomon's words are to encourage and motivate us in our walk with God.

I pray that you will not be a fool who is eating the same food that you have thrown up. In other words, please do not be a fool and repeat the same mistakes over that you have already made. Please do not be a fool and go back to those corners that make you dark, that is, alcohol, drugs, promiscuity, lying, cheating, jealousy, lust, foolishness, violence, anger, laziness, greed.

Remember, fools hate wisdom and self-control (Proverbs 1:7), but we know that when we have wisdom and self-control, we are blessed with the fruit of the spirit. My friends, let us pray to God to give us wisdom, knowledge and understanding so that we may live right and do what is right according to His word. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Friends, please get in the word, read, read, read the Bible. Read if only for 30 minutes, but please read. When we arm ourselves with the Word and when we declare wisdom over our lives, the devil gets mad. Let us prove to the devil how much of a fool he is. Let us give glory and honor to God by acting and thinking in wisdom.

Until then,
Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog