INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Being Called

Greetings my friends:

In Paul's letter to the believers in Ephesus, he wrote to them telling them that Christ gave gifts to people, he made some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to go and tell the Good News, and some to have the work of caring for and teaching God's people. Christ gave those gifts to prepare God's holy people for the work of serving, to make the body of Christ stronger (Ephesians 4:11-12). My friends, remember I told you that I am re-dedicating my life to Christ? I don't know what is happening to me, but I tell you, God is getting ready to use me and I mean use me big time. There is no doubt about it. Thank you Lord. My friends, please pray for me as I keep praying about which direction God wants me to go. I have been ministering more and more, getting more boldly than ever before in spreading the good news of Jesus. I am, however, uncertain whether my true calling is for the preaching ministry, but I tell you, I am scared. One of my friends had prophesied that I will be a judge (my career goal is to become an attorney); an elder at my church had pulled me aside one Sunday at church and asked me if I were a minister, I told her no, I only speak about the God's goodness and mercy. My friends, I am just praying because I need to make the right decisions. I need to be obedient to God because I certainly do not want to feel His wrath and I certainly do not want to disappoint Him.

As you know, ministry can take on many forms, evangelizing is a ministry, helping the poor, feeding the homeless, whatever service you perform in the upkeep of God's kingdom is a ministry. Paul, in his first letter to Timothy instructed Timothy on some rules for men and women that Timothy must pass on to the church. Paul said that he does not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to listen quietly, because Adam was formed first and then Eve. You may recall, I have also told you Paul is my favorite apostle. I just love him. I am trying to sustain the same fire for Christ as he did, but some of his writings has certainly confused me. For example, staying single; and that women should not use braided hair, or gold, or pearls or expensive clothes. I can certainly understand about the gold, pearls, expensive clothes, but the braids? I grow up on braids! I cannot imagine not having some braids in my hair at least once a year! I do agree with Paul when he says women should learn by listening quietly and being ready to cooperate in everything. He says he does not allow a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to listen quietly because Adam was formed first and then Eve. And Adam was not tricked, but the woman was tricked and became a sinner (1 Timothy 2:9-14). I don't have a problem with submission, I know that I must submit to my husband, to my pastor, to my church. I am certainly praying for a husband, I don't want to be single. I want to have a godly man in my life and in the lives of my children. Just as Paul encouraged Timothy, he has encouraged me to be an example to the believers with my words, my actions, my love, my faith, and my life. However, I must keep on praying and ask God for some more confirmations on what He wants me to do because Paul has me a bit confused. My understanding from Paul in this letter is that a woman should not teach, she should listen, however, her ministry is to do good deeds, which is right for women who say they worship God (1 Timothy 2:10).

My friends, whatever ministry God has laid upon your heart, please be obedient and do God's work. I will continue doing what I am doing as I pray for direction. When we serve, we get a joy that is unexplainable. When we give, God gives us 1o times more. We must continue to do God's work, we must teach more people so they can become believers and be a part of God's great kingdom. Keep on doing what you are doing, and, if you are one of those people who proclaim to be a follower, but is just a pew sitter, get up off your butt and start doing what God wants you to do. Stop making excuses, otherwise, when God comes and ask you what you did to help Him with His kingdom, what will your response be?? Oooohhh Lord, I went to church every Sunday, but I did not bother to invite my neighbors to hear the Word. You already know what God's answer will be!

Take care of yourself, please pray for me and I'll pray for you.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog