INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Ask And It Shall Be Given Unto You

Hola mi amigos!

If you have been following my blogs, you know my blogs are about the power of prayer, the power of forgiveness and fruits we reap when we are obedient. Most of the scriptures are taken from the New Testament, Proverbs and the Books of Psalms.

Today, I would like you to briefly review some verses in 1 King. This book is a beautiful book, written, it is believed, by the Prophet Jeremiah. This book is about the power of prayer and being a faithful servant of God. In 1 Kings 3, King Solomon asked God to give him an obedient heart so he can rule the people in the right way and will know the difference between right and wrong. Solomon's prayer pleased God so very much that God blessed him with even much more than he asked for, God told Solomon, "I will give you wisdom and understanding that is greater than anyone had had in the past or will have in the future. I will also give you what you did not ask for: riches and honor." (1 Kings 3:9-13)

Wow, isn't God amazing? My friends, you best believe that when we pray and ask for God's help, He will provide that help and more. God will grant our every need, and to show us how special we are to Him, He will give us more than we ever asked for. I love these verses, they brought butterflies in my heart. God, I pray and I ask you to give me an obedient heart. I tell you, if we all could just ask God for an obedient heart, just imagine how beautiful this world would be, just imagine all the souls we would be winning over for God. However, the fact of the matter is that some of us have a hard time being obedient. Some of us have hardened our hearts against God. I can only ask God to have mercy.

Obedience, my friends, requires fellowship; obedience requires practice, practice, practice and more practice. To be obedient, we must do what King Solomon did, he prayed and asked God to give him and obedient heart. My friends, unpleasant things happen to us because of our disobedience. You ever wonder why you have not had a clean bill of health? You ever wonder why you have not been able to elevate to new positions? You ever wonder why your kids act the fool when you have taught them better? You ever wonder why there is disharmony in your home, at work, at school, at church? Obedience, my friends, obedience. Obedience brings blessings, obedience brings God's mercy and love and grace. Obedience opens doors and opens hearts.

When we are obedient, the Lord tells us that He will put our enemies under our control, He will make our enemies our footstool (Hebrews 1:13). I reflect on Luke 11:28 which tells us "...happy are those who hear the teaching of God and obey it." Obedience brings life, disobedience brings destruction and death. Which one do you choose? I know for me, I choose obedience. As I have told you before, I am tired of being whipped for my disobedience. When you disobey you make wrong choices, you make wrong decisions, you offend God, you disappoint God. Now that I am trying to live a life of obedience, I am happy, I am content, I am full of joy, I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I know as an obedient child of God, He has opened many doors for me, He has blessed me continually in every aspect of my life and I believe with all my heart that there are many doors that will continue to be opened. I am reaping the harvest God has promised me because I am being obedient. Thank you Lord.

I am closing with some of the lyrics from the Mary Mary song, It's The God In Me:

You're so fly; you're so high
Everybody 'round you trying to figure out why
You're so cool, you win all the time
Everywhere you go, man, you get a lot of shine
But what they don't know is when you go home
And get behind closed doors, man, you hit the floor
And what they can't see is you're on your knees
So the next time you get it, just tell 'em
It's the God in me; it's the God in me
It's the God in me; it's the God in me; it's the God in me.

It's the God in me,
Ta ta
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog