INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself

Hi friends:

To God be the glory. I thank God for his loving arms around me. I am telling you, the best decision I have made in my life was when I surrendered my life completely to God. You see, whenever the devil sees that we are being blessed, that we are stepping with joy, he comes up in our personal space. My friends, that's what he did with me today, he had the audacity to come up in my personal space. What the devil forgets, my friends, is that when God is our protector, he can only linger around us for so long, then he gotta bounce outta there. Thank you Lord. You ever find yourself walking on cloud nine, singing praises to God, lifting up God, and then all of a sudden the devil attacks? Your attitude changes? You become limp? Well, I had such an experience today. I thank God for keeping me under his protection. I had to check myself real quick and realize that God has my back, I couldn't allow the devil to wreck my attitude of joy. I had to pray real hard to keep my attitude in check.

My friends, when the devil attacks us it is important to stay in an attitude of gratitude. I remembered a statement the late Bishop G.E. Patterson had made at one of his sermons back in 2006. He had said, "if you really want to be blessed, be in the attitude that will get you to the altitude." My friends, when the devil tries to attack us, we must remember to turn to God for help. We must depend on God. Psalm 37:5 says, depend on the Lord,trust him, and He will take care of you. When we rely on ourselves we are on a collision course. The devil has his way with us when we do things on our own. That is exactly how we wreck ourselves because we fall into the devil's hands of temptation; we say and do things that are of this world; we depend on our weak selves rather than asking the Lord to keep us in check.

My friends, it is also important that you have friends who believe in prayer. It is very important that you fellowship with other believers. I thank my friend today for keeping me encouraged when she saw my battle. I thank my sister for keeping me in check with God's Word. I thank her for agreeing with me that the devil is a liar. I remembered one of the study guides I worked on over the weekend. Minister Lucado was warning about guarding our attitude. He was saying that the devil works in such a way that he will not take you away from your ministry, but he will disillusion you in your ministry. That's exactly what the devil tried to do with me today, disillusioned me in my ministry, but I thank God that I am maturing spiritually, so I was able to check myself, I had the good sense to start praying and sweeping the devil out of my space and I turned to my fellow believers for prayers. Thank you Lord.

My friends, that is exactly why it is important to protect ourselves with the full armor of God, the helmet, the shield, the breastplate. The devil always shows us when we least expect him to, but we must always be on the alert and be ready to take action against him. We must check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.

I ask for continued prayer as I try to fulfill my ministry that God has instructed me to do. My friends, today I proved the devil a liar--he tried to shut me down, but he couldn't shut me up because I continued to pray and praise God and, in addition, I had extra God warriors! The devil is a liar.

God blessings,
Ta ta
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog