INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!

INVITE THERESE WARRICK TO YOUR EVENTS!
THERESE BRINGS INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGES TO WOMEN!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Timidity to Boldness

Greetings my friends:

To God be the glory. As I mature in my spiritual life, I am getting a more clearer picture of the various men and women in the Bible and their respective roles. For instance, Timothy. Timothy was a young minister, who loves God. However, in his early ministry, Timothy had many challenges as he was charged with leading the church in Ephesus. To encourage Timothy to share his testimonies and spread the good news of Jesus Christ, Paul wrote several letters to him to keep him encouraged and to help him get bold in carrying out the work of the Lord. Of particular interest and importance to me, was Paul's second letter just before his death, which is found in 2 Timothy. Paul advised Timothy, "God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid, but a spirit of power and love and self-control. So do not be ashamed to tell people about our Lord Jesus, and do not be ashamed of me, in prison for the Lord." (2 Timothy 1:7-8). As Timothy's mentor, Paul wanted to be sure that God's good news would continue to be spread through the young minister.

Friends, we all have our testimonies, but what good if we do not share them with others? Okay, you are saying, well, I am timid, I am afraid of what people will think or say about me. That's okay, but remember what Paul told Timothy, God has not given us a spirit of timidity. My suggestion to you, and it has worked for me, is to pray. Pray and ask God to give you boldness. Pray and ask God for courage and confidence to share your story of how good He has been to you. God's goodness will only continue to spread if we turn our timidity into boldness and courageousness. As disciples, we must not be ashamed of God or ashamed to share our testimonies; otherwise, when we go before God on Judgment Day, He will be ashamed of us. Oh no, no, no. I certainly do not want that. I want God to say, "well done, my child." Thank you Lord.

Just as Paul encouraged Timothy to continue sharing the good news of the gospel, I am encouraging you to please continue to share the good news of Jesus. If you think are too shy and timid, just begin with the simple truth of the goodness of God; what He has done for you; how He has blessed you; how He has given you favor when you didn't even deserve it; how He released you from the addiction of sex, of drugs, of alcohol. That's how God's goodness will continue to spread throughout the world.

I cannot stress enough how important it is, my friends, to share the good news of Jesus Christ. I sincerely encourage you today to share your testimony with someone. I have found that God always allow us to share at the right place and at right time and with the right person. You will see that you showed up right on time and with the right message. Someone has been waiting to hear your testimony, please share it. Remember, the devil gets mad when we use our mouths to glorify God.

I pray that you will be encouraged and I pray that you will be bold to share God's good news. The same way Paul mentored Timothy, I have a younger sibling who has been my mentor since I was a young woman. We need to keep each other encouraged and we need to mentor other women, but we must be courageous and brave.

May God give you boldness to share His good news.

Ta ta,
Therese from Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog